From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Best (US) carrier for eGentoo on Cell ?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:06:00
1 Hello,
2
3 I just looked here:
4 [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/CDMA
5
6 I have not kept up with the latest offerings that
7 purport to allow users control (embedded Gentoo)
8 over the operating system on their cell phones.
9
10 So what is the best phone/network-access to purchase ?
11
12 Previously it was T-mobile (here in the US) but
13 with their pending merger with ATT and LTE looming,
14 maybe we should wait on full LTE compliance?
15
16 Any discussion is most welcome. This inquiry is
17 motivated by the recent thread about Openmoko and Gentoo.
20 [2] http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/native-compiling
21
22 [3]
23 http://kiransway.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/htc-thunderbolt-–-4g-lte-mobile-from-verizon-to-hit-the-us-market-by-march-17/
24
25 [4]
26 http://www.fiercewireless.com/ctialive/story/zte-launch-lte-products-us-later-year/2011-03-23
27
28 [5] http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/68993
29
30 [6]
31
32 Lots of noise, causes me to ask this pedestrian question
33 on this list: Which phone and which network are best
34 if your primary issue is using eGentoo on the phone?
37 James