From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] cirrus ep93xx chips / maverick crunch
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:54:52
1 Jakub Ladman wrote:
2 > I am using ep9307, but i can't find a way to set up crossdev to build
3 > cross-compiler toolchain for maverick-crunch and the eabi extensions.
4 > But i failed to match the right libc and gcc versions and CFLAGS ... to build
5 > softfloat uclibc toolchain too.
6 > Even the toolchain created by scripts from http://arm.cirrus.com worksn't good
7 > (C compiler seems to be OK, but C++ compiling fails everytime in the linker
8 > phase)
9
10 Interesting... I'm using the 'crunch.tar.gz' package that has several
11 bitbake scripts (.bb files) from the cirrus list as well.
12
13 http://martinwguy.co.uk/martin/FPU/futaris
14
15 My plan is to just create my own portage overlay, and root through all
16 of the patches (one by Mike Frysinger, I might add) to get eabi and
17 maverick crunch working.
18
19 Binutils-2.17 was quite simple to patch (there was only 1 patch file),
20 but gcc seems to have _lots_ ...
21
22 Aside from that, I think that ECONF_EXTRA needs to be set in order to
23 get crunch support by default on the C compiler. For that, what I'm
24 using is:
25
26 ECONF_EXTRA="--without-x --enable-languages=c,c++ \
27 --with-cpu=ep9312 --with-float-abi=softfp --with-fpu=maverick" \
28 crossdev -S armv4t-maverick-linux-gnueabi
29
30 (these options can be passed to the gcc configure script, see
31 gcc*/INSTALL/index.html -> configure)
32
33 (I assume that when you say gnueabi, then it will set --with-abi=aapcs
34 or whatever that option is... all of the options are in gcc*/gcc/config/arm)
35
36 > I was really depressed of it.
37 > My last chance to have any working compiler toolchain, was connencting a
38 > harddrive via usb<>sata cable, to my evaluation board and install there a
39 > stage3 for softfloat arm.
40
41 Sorry, are you having problems creating an i686 ->
42 arm-softfloat-linux-gnu cross-compiler or cross-compiling gcc for
43 softfloat? Softfloat should compile cleanly, but I've had to apply two
44 patches (1 of which should definitely be upstream)
45
46 1) externalize jar and 2) @progbits patch for arm/sysv.S
47
48 The externalize jar patch is only necessary for libjava / gcj ... and
49 from what I've seen, it's pretty damn slow on the arm anyway, so I'll
50 probably forget about it.
51
52 I'll let you know if I have any success with my overlay, but sorting
53 through all of the patches for gcc might take quite a bit of time.
54
55 ~/Chris
58 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list