From: 01flipstar@×××.de
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] precompiled packages for embedded system
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:19:13
1 >
2 > Thanks again for the reply!
3 >
4 > so ill need the following stuff on the NAS:
5 >
6 > - gentoo-utils (q)
7 > - emerge or pkcocre (pkgcore preferred???)
8 > - python (any chance that this will work with tinypythen etc ??)
9 > - a portage-tree (squashed and partly trimmed)
10 >
11 > That will eat up way more space than i have.
12 > Since im talking about a NAS I could probably only but a bootstrap-script
13 > into the rootfs and fetch all the files once the HD is up and running ...
14 >
15 > But still this solution is nether lightwight nor nice in any way from my point of view.
16 >
17 > Q:
18 > is there a way to make this setup smaller and more lightwight??
19
20 responding to myself
21
22 I just found this:
23 http://www.pkgcore.org/trac/pkgcore/doc/doc/getting-started.rst
24
25 this is amazing and looks exactly what i was looking for !!!
26
27 Thanks for all your work!
30 flip
34 Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate
35 kostenlos testen. http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/startseite/?mc=022220
38 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list