From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] precompiled packages for embedded system
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:57:25
1 Hey you..
2
3 Please stop starting new threads every time you reply
4 to a thread.
5
6 On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 18:10 +0200, 01flipstar@×××.de wrote:
9 > > Thanks again for the reply!
10 > >
11 > > so ill need the following stuff on the NAS:
12 > >
13 > > - gentoo-utils (q)
14 > > - emerge or pkcocre (pkgcore preferred???)
15 > > - python (any chance that this will work with tinypythen etc ??)
16 > > - a portage-tree (squashed and partly trimmed)
17 > >
18 > > That will eat up way more space than i have.
19 > > Since im talking about a NAS I could probably only but a bootstrap-script
20 > > into the rootfs and fetch all the files once the HD is up and running ...
21 > >
22 > > But still this solution is nether lightwight nor nice in any way from my point of view.
23 > >
24 > > Q:
25 > > is there a way to make this setup smaller and more lightwight??
26 >
27 > responding to myself
28 >
29 > I just found this:
30 > http://www.pkgcore.org/trac/pkgcore/doc/doc/getting-started.rst
31 >
32 > this is amazing and looks exactly what i was looking for !!!
33 >
34 > Thanks for all your work!
35 >
36 > --
37 > flip
41 > Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate
42 > kostenlos testen. http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/startseite/?mc=022220
45 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
46 Gentoo Linux
49 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list