From: Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] software choices for embedded system
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:20:44
1 > Well, I may be obnoxious but I do a stage4 with catalyst (total 200
2 > packages or so) and then trim it down using unmerge, empty and rm in
3 > the spec file to suite.
4
5 Well, it looks like the way to go to me too. Maybe I'll try to use
6 binary packages in oder to avoid the unmerge process.
7
8 I thought that I would be able to install only the needed packages and
9 dependencies only and have a system like LFS (Linux From Scratch).
10
11 Thanks for the help!