From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Phani Babu Giddi <phanig@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] using gentoo-embedded on Fedora 8
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:42:38
1 On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
2 > Can you tell me how does your /etc/make.conf look like. The Gentoo embedded
3 > documentation says that CHOST is that of the host which in my case is
4 > i686-pc-linux-gnu and that for CTARGET its i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc.
5 >
6 > But when I go through the Gentoo x86 documentation it refers CHOST as that
7 > of the target.
8 >
9 > My host is i686 and the target processor is Geode LX 800 which is i586 with
10 > mmx.
11
12 you're mixing things. /etc/make.conf is for the normal Gentoo host. so if
13 you installed an x86 system, it's most likely i686-pc-linux-gnu.
14
15 if you review the embedded handbook, you'll need to create a *different*
16 make.conf which contains settings for the target board. in that file, you
17 would set CBUILD to i686/glibc and CHOST to i586/uclibc.
18 -mike