From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] musl stages for armv5
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 11:13:05
1 On 05/05/18 00:19, Stuart Longland wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm slowly pulling together a build of Gentoo/MUSL for ARMv5 machines.
5 > Right now I've cross-compiled a build environment using OpenADK, thrown
6 > that onto a Technologic Systems TS-7670, and let it rip.
7 >
8 > I've had some set backs, with power black-outs and such, but the build
9 > is chugging along on the little machine… which has similar
10 > specifications to the old Cobalt Qube II that I used to use for
11 > Gentoo/MIPS (mipsel4) stage builds.
12 >
13 > CPU: Freescale i.MX286 at 454MHz (1 core)
14 > RAM: 128MB
15 > HDD: 1TB SATA via USB 2.0
16 >
17 > Gentoo/MUSL is a good fit for these machines I believe due to the low
18 > RAM footprint, and gcc aside (which takes nearly a week to compile), is
19 > more manageable on this low-end hardware.
20 >
21 > Is there any interest in the stages once they're built?
22 I'm currently working on some armv6j musl stages also, but talking to
23 blueness, we might be on our own to 'support' them. That said, I agree
24 that Musl is a good fit for these lower-power CPUs, and am happy to
25 share thoughts/rubber-duck if it helps you. If you don't already,
26 perhaps hang out in #gentoo-arm on Freenode IRC, and we can collate ideas!
27 Best regards,
28
29 Michael.