From: Stuart Longland <stuartl@×××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] musl stages for armv5
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 23:20:00
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm slowly pulling together a build of Gentoo/MUSL for ARMv5 machines.
4 Right now I've cross-compiled a build environment using OpenADK, thrown
5 that onto a Technologic Systems TS-7670, and let it rip.
6
7 I've had some set backs, with power black-outs and such, but the build
8 is chugging along on the little machine… which has similar
9 specifications to the old Cobalt Qube II that I used to use for
10 Gentoo/MIPS (mipsel4) stage builds.
11
12 CPU: Freescale i.MX286 at 454MHz (1 core)
13 RAM: 128MB
14 HDD: 1TB SATA via USB 2.0
15
16 Gentoo/MUSL is a good fit for these machines I believe due to the low
17 RAM footprint, and gcc aside (which takes nearly a week to compile), is
18 more manageable on this low-end hardware.
19
20 Is there any interest in the stages once they're built?
21 --
22 Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)
23
24 I haven't lost my mind...
25 ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.