From: Justin Cormack <justin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] real time linux
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:33:59
1 On 13 May 2005, at 02:45, Francisco Ares wrote:
2 >
3 > And as far as there are so many possibilities, does anyone know of
4 > some kind of benchmarks between them? Or should I just try some
5 > different ones for my application? BTW, it is a stepper motor 4
6 > axles control for a starting point, but I would like to bring more
7 > automation out of an existing PLC to a Linux industrial-grade box.
10 What are the constraints for this application? ie how often do you
11 need to write stuff? I have never looked at this application in
12 detail, inly very roughly. You can write a kernel module that runs on
13 the timer interrupt (max 1000Hz on i386, may vary on other
14 platforms). Doing much more than this is problematic without another
15 source of interrupts. But if you have DA converters that give
16 interrupts on your motor control hardware you could use these, or add
17 a timer chip that gives customisable interrupts.
18
19 justin
22 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list