From: Phani Babu Giddi <phanig@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] using gentoo-embedded on Fedora 8
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:24:07
1 Hi Matthijs,
2
3 The document that you are referring to assumes that you have gentoo on the
4 system. For example... I cannot mount /usr/portage as my base system is
5 fedora.
6
7 If I have to go by this then I would have to make /opt/gentoo download one
8 of the starges for i686 and then make this as chroot and then again create
9 another directory /opt/gentoo and download i586-gentoo-uclibc-linux. Is that
10 what you are also doing ?
11
12 Regards,
13 Phani
16 Mount needed directories.
17
18 Mount the proc and portage directories to your development_rootfs. Makes
19 your system_rootfs's proc and portage directory available from inside of
20 your development_rootfs (after chrooting).
21
22 Code listing 2.5: mount proc and portage
23
24 # mount --bind /proc /opt/i586-gentoo-uclibc-linux/proc/
25 # mount --bind /usr/portage /opt/i586-gentoo-uclibc-linux/usr/portage