From: Christoph Spielmann <spielc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 19:11:51
1 Hi!
2
3 Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
4 > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Christoph Spielmann<spielc@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Sure...
7 >> 1. I think dbus needs to start this, right? Anyway, I start it via the
8 >> settings/GSM
9 >>
10 >> Nope dbus starts gsm0710muxd (or should start). Ophonekitd has to be started
11 >> with a script. Or manually by calling ophonekitd. freesmartphone-framework
12 >> has to be started with the provided init-script. And if you have the correct
13 >> settings GSM-subsystem should be started automatically. Could you send me
14 >> the log of frameworkd too please?
17 > Attached.
20 >> I think i've seen that one before but i can't remember what the problem was
21 >> and how it can be fixed.
24 > Hmmm....
27 >> can you try the following (with pin disabled):
28 >>
29 >> 1. remove frameworkd and everything else connected to openmoko-specific
30 >> stuff (gsm0710muxd, gpsd or fso-gpsd) from default runlevel (if you've added
31 >> it)
32 >> 2. install mdbus (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/mdbus)
33 >> 2. reboot
34 >> 3. log in again and check if gsm0710muxd is running
37 > Not running. What should run it other than the init.d script?
38 >
39 You shouldn't start it with the initscript. dbus should start
40 gsm0710muxd automatically. If it's not started automatically something
41 is wrong.
42 >
43 >> 4. start frameworkd (you might have to wait a lil, because frameworkd takes
44 >> a bit to start up)
47 > OK.
50 >> 5. execute the following commands and post the output:
51 >>
52 >> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
53 >> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
54 >> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
55 >> org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo
58 > # mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
59 > /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
60 > /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetInfo failed:
61 > org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled
62 > # mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
63 > /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo
64 > /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetSimInfo failed:
65 > org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled
66 >
67 > Even if i start gsm0710muxd it stays this way, also if I power_on the device.
68 >
69 That's the problem. Again gsm0710mux should get started automatically.
70 If it's not started automatically by dbus you can do what you want and
71 you won't get it to work. Believe me i had the same problem. Do you have
72 the following file installed:
73 /usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.pyneo.muxer.service?
74 Usually this file should get installed by gsm0710muxd. I "solved" the
75 problem by completely removing ALL python-packages (including python
76 itself), deleting /usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/python2.5
77 and reinstall everything. After this procedure everything was working as
78 expected.
79 >
80 >> There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
81 >> anyone know a good resource?
84 >> I'm afraid there is no such thing as good documentation about shr... I made
85 >> things work by using trial and error, reading mailing list archives and look
86 >> through the tickets. In my case most things work now (phone, sms, suspend
87 >> and resume...) Things i know that are not working are pyphonelog which just
88 >> displays garbage here and shr-settings is umm very picky about what does and
89 >> what doesn't work.
92 > Thanks for your help!!!
93 > What are me other alternatives? If SHR does not work, is there any other
94 > solution I can use, maybe something simpler? zhone does not work either,
95 > guess it needs ophonekitd too.
96 >
97 Nope zhone needs just freesmartphone-framework and as that's not working
98 correctly zhone can't work. There are other alternatives (e.g. the stuff
99 provided by hackable:1 sounds interesting) but we concentrate on
100 freesmartphone-framework at the moment but feel free to try other stuff.
101 I guess nobody would complain about having alternatives.
102 > Thanks!
103 >
104 No problem. After all we are one big gentoo-family, aren't we ;)
105
106 Christoph
107 > Alon.