From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:10:49
1 On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Christoph Spielmann <spielc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Sure...
3 > 1. I think dbus needs to start this, right? Anyway, I start it via the
4 > settings/GSM
5 >
6 > Nope dbus starts gsm0710muxd (or should start). Ophonekitd has to be started
7 > with a script. Or manually by calling ophonekitd. freesmartphone-framework
8 > has to be started with the provided init-script. And if you have the correct
9 > settings GSM-subsystem should be started automatically. Could you send me
10 > the log of frameworkd too please?
11
12 Attached.
13
14 > I think i've seen that one before but i can't remember what the problem was
15 > and how it can be fixed.
16
17 Hmmm....
20 > can you try the following (with pin disabled):
21 >
22 > 1. remove frameworkd and everything else connected to openmoko-specific
23 > stuff (gsm0710muxd, gpsd or fso-gpsd) from default runlevel (if you've added
24 > it)
25 > 2. install mdbus (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/mdbus)
26 > 2. reboot
27 > 3. log in again and check if gsm0710muxd is running
28
29 Not running. What should run it other than the init.d script?
30
31 > 4. start frameworkd (you might have to wait a lil, because frameworkd takes
32 > a bit to start up)
33
34 OK.
35
36 > 5. execute the following commands and post the output:
37 >
38 > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
39 > org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
40 > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
41 > org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo
42
43 # mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
44 /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
45 /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetInfo failed:
46 org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled
47 # mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
48 /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo
49 /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetSimInfo failed:
50 org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled
51
52 Even if i start gsm0710muxd it stays this way, also if I power_on the device.
53
54 > There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
55 > anyone know a good resource?
58 > I'm afraid there is no such thing as good documentation about shr... I made
59 > things work by using trial and error, reading mailing list archives and look
60 > through the tickets. In my case most things work now (phone, sms, suspend
61 > and resume...) Things i know that are not working are pyphonelog which just
62 > displays garbage here and shr-settings is umm very picky about what does and
63 > what doesn't work.
64
65 Thanks for your help!!!
66 What are me other alternatives? If SHR does not work, is there any other
67 solution I can use, maybe something simpler? zhone does not work either,
68 guess it needs ophonekitd too.
69
70 Thanks!
71 Alon.