From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] gumstix anyone?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:20:48
1 I am getting a couple of Gumstix small computers, and I'm wondering if
2 there are any Gentoo embedded folks working with them. So far, I've
3 downloaded their software development tools and, apart from needing some
4 GCC juggling and a Ruby version conflict, everything seems to be
5 working. I'll know more once I get the real hardware, though.
6
7 What I found interesting is that the Gumstix "buildroot" environment
8 contains a package called "portage". Is this a Gentoo Portage as we know
9 it, or something else called "portage"? These are fascinating little
10 gizmos -- a 400 MHz XScale CPU, 64 MB of RAM, 16 MB of flash, two serial
11 ports, a USB port, a bluetooth adapter and a slot for up to a GB of MMC
12 memory in a box the size of a pack of gum.
15 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
16 http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/
17
18 If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire.
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list