From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] gumstix anyone?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:20:48
I am getting a couple of Gumstix small computers, and I'm wondering if
there are any Gentoo embedded folks working with them. So far, I've
downloaded their software development tools and, apart from needing some
GCC juggling and a Ruby version conflict, everything seems to be
working. I'll know more once I get the real hardware, though.

What I found interesting is that the Gumstix "buildroot" environment
contains a package called "portage". Is this a Gentoo Portage as we know
it, or something else called "portage"? These are fascinating little
gizmos -- a 400 MHz XScale CPU, 64 MB of RAM, 16 MB of flash, two serial
ports, a USB port, a bluetooth adapter and a slot for up to a GB of MMC
memory in a box the size of a pack of gum.