From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] real time linux
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 01:38:09
1 Thanks a lot, all you guys!!
2
3 I'll consider the serial interface suggestion and try to put a RTLinux
4 to work in one machine and RTAI on another and try to figure out how
5 they work ;-)
6
7 Francisco
10 Grant Likely wrote:
11
12 >On 5/12/05, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××××××.br> wrote:
15 >>Anything in portage? Could not find it yet.
16 >>
17 >>And I have some doubts, if anyone could point me to some links,
18 >>specially benchmarks, I would really appreciate:
19 >>
20 >>How do I no if need a real time OS?
21 >>Should I rely only on the preemptibility of the 2.6 kernels?
22 >>Which real time Linux flavor is best for which types of applications?
26 >There are two primary sources for hard real time while running a Linux
27 >kernel. RTLinux and RTAI. Both solve the problem by using an RTOS
28 >kernel and running the Linux kernel as a low priority task. Any Linux
29 >distribution can be used with an RTLinux or RTAI enabled kernel.
30 >
31 >A quick google will locate the RTLinux and RTAI resources on the web.
32 >
33 >g.
38 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list