From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo-Embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] STL, gcc-3.x vs gcc-4.x
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:34:23
1 Hello,
2
3 This may not be the appropriate forum for my question but I expect many
4 of you may have struggled with the same problem:
5
6 I have some c++ code that uses (some of) the Standard Template Library
7 that I am trying to get compiled on an ARM embedded platform.
8
9 The code, specifically the class in question is basically derived from
10 the STL vector class. It is very simple.
11
12 But it appears that gcc 3.x can't compile it because some types are
13 missing. Is this correct? Does anyone out there have any knowledge of
14 this?
15
16 I tried compiling gcc 4.x instead but I am getting vfp-inconsistency
17 errors between uclibc and gcc, so no luck there.
18
19 Any ideas?
20
21 Thanks