From: Karl Hiramoto <karl@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] STL, gcc-3.x vs gcc-4.x
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:06:05
1 Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > This may not be the appropriate forum for my question but I expect many
5 > of you may have struggled with the same problem:
6 >
7 > I have some c++ code that uses (some of) the Standard Template Library
8 > that I am trying to get compiled on an ARM embedded platform.
9 >
10 > The code, specifically the class in question is basically derived from
11 > the STL vector class. It is very simple.
12 >
13 > But it appears that gcc 3.x can't compile it because some types are
14 > missing. Is this correct? Does anyone out there have any knowledge of
15 > this?
16 >
17 > I tried compiling gcc 4.x instead but I am getting vfp-inconsistency
18 > errors between uclibc and gcc, so no luck there.
19 >
20 > Any ideas?
21 >
22 > Thanks
25 Are you using uclibc or glibc? uclibc does not have c++ libs. there
26 is uclibc++ though. http://cxx.uclibc.org/
27
28 I have used uclibc++ for some basic stuff and seems to work.
29
30 -- karl
35 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list