From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Tyler Akins <fidian-em@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Howto guide or something?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:09:30
1 On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Tyler Akins wrote:
2
3 > Hi! I'd ideally like to get X and a few apps on an Aquapad (x86
4 > instruction set). I like the idea of Gentoo embedded, so I installed it
5 > on a box. Thus, I am a newbie to this flavor of Linux, but I still have
6 > experience with other variations. I've been hanging out on this list
7 > and I see the stage tarballs here and there (lost the URLs at the
8 > moment, but they are around somewhere), but I'm so amazingly new to
9 > Gentoo that I don't know what to do with them besides "tar xvfj".
10 >
11 > So, now that I have a nearly blank hard drive and the most basic
12 > components of Gentoo installed, I was wondering what I should do next.
13 > Is there a howto document or something laying around? Or, perhaps
14 > people could show a few sample instructions and provide a few steps to
15 > get me started? Some sample commands for compiling a library or one of
16 > the things that X requires?
17
18 X (tested older XFree86 and xorg-x11-6.8.1) can't be built against uclibc
19 for now (missing math functions)
20
21 solar,vapier:
22 I could add to the masked uclibc
23 use X && (apply X needed math funcs)
24 and/or
25 use java && (apply sun-jdk math funcs)
26 the java condition is not quite true, they are needed to build sun-j2sdk
27
28 Peter
31 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
32 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
36 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list