From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev messes up system headers, etc
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:34:16
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I think it's
happened to me once before, maybe 6 months ago.

I tried to get a cross compiler working through crossdev, and it ended
up bailing on the last stage (gcc stage 2 i guess).

I tried it again, with a few different configurations, and noticed that
every time it failed directly upon compilation of binutils... saying
that /lib/cpp failed sanity checks.

ok, i said.... fine, i'll just crossdev -C everything out.

after that, i attempted to emerge another package. After a couple of
tries, i noticed the same errors.

It turns out that crossdev had done something unexpected, and removed
several system headers, and left my machine in a pretty useless state
for development. I can no longer compile anything, not even a kernel.

So obviously, I'd like to ask anyone for some sort of suggestion to get
my native development chain back.

Why is crossdev in production if it does these sort of things?

Can anyone recommend a GRP server for i686 ? hehehe...