From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP on Alchemy?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:16:30
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using a few gnap devices (shoutcast radios, vpn, routers, access points
4 and so on) and gnap fits all my extreme requirements. But all I use for gnap
5 are older PC or mini ITX motherboards (which are x86 PC also)
6
7 Because we recently we bought Jack PC terminals
8 (http://www.chippc.com/products/jackpc/jackpc.asp) based on AMD Alchemy
9 processor, I was wondering if that appliance would be good place to stuck
10 gnap inside, especialy because of its very tiny size and PoE feature.
11
12 So is it possible to prepare GNAP for Alchemy? anybody tried to do it before
13 or am I completely lost (because it is impossible)? Is there any other
14 appliance based on Alchemy more customizable and cheaper than terminal from
15 ChipPC?
16
17 Or - at last - is there any other better platform (other architecture) but
18 with the same features, performance and size? I would really want to give it
19 a try.
20
21 Any ideas?
22