From: Karl Hiramoto <karl@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] image for armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:23:13
1 Jason wrote:
2 > Karl Hiramoto wrote:
3 >
4 >> If anyone is interested in a precompiled armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc
5 >> rootfs image I published one at
6 >>
7 >> http://karl.hiramoto.org/embedded/armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc/images/armeb-gentoo-v2/
10 >> I'm mainly using it as a development / testing board.
13 >> System compiled for an arm XSCALE IXP425 Processor
14 >>
15 >> kernel image is zImage.armeb.2.6.16.50-r2
16 >>
17 >> login: root
18 >> no password
19 >>
20 >> * installed packages
21 >>
22 > [snip]
23 >
24 > I don't see net-misc/ixp4xx. Any chance you have the network driver
25 > working? :-) If so, how? I ran into too many differences between
26 > gentoo/vanilla kernels and whatever kernel (montavista?) the intel
27 > driver was written against... Any insight would be appreciated.
28 >
29 > Jason.
30 >
31 Yeah, net-misc/ixp4xx is on my TODO list. :-) If I ever have enough
32 free time.
33
34 Looks like a fair amount of patching work with a modern kernel.
38 Karl Hiramoto http://karl.hiramoto.org/
41 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list