From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] root passwd with a stage3 filesystem? (for nfs-root purposes)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 03:20:38
1 On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:30:15PM +0200, Christopher Friedt wrote:
3 > > Originally, I ran into some trouble when I allowed the default init
4 > > routine to run, because it froze on 'starting local'. I eventually
5 > > discovered that was because my main serial device should be /dev/ttyAM0
6 > > instead of /dev/ttyS1 in /etc/inittab. I fixed that, and then found that
7 > > I couldn't login as root, even after adjusting /etc/password to
8 >
9 > You are talking about logging in via serial console, right?
10 > I may be completely on the wrong track here, but you may need to add
11 > ttyAM0 to /etc/securetty to be able to log in as root.
12
13 wonder if it'd be worthwhile to have shadow's login whine if you give correct
14 user/pass for root but securetty is blocking you ...
15 -mike