From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] root passwd with a stage3 filesystem? (for nfs-root purposes)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:40:26
1 On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:30:15PM +0200, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Originally, I ran into some trouble when I allowed the default init routine to run, because it froze on 'starting local'. I
3 > eventually discovered that was because my main serial device should be /dev/ttyAM0 instead of /dev/ttyS1 in /etc/inittab. I fixed
4 > that, and then found that I couldn't login as root, even after adjusting /etc/password to
5
6 You are talking about logging in via serial console, right?
7 I may be completely on the wrong track here, but you may need to add
8 ttyAM0 to /etc/securetty to be able to log in as root.
9
10 cheers,
11 Wernfried
14 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
15 http://forums.gentoo.org || http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/proctors/
16 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org || proctors (at) gentoo.org
17 #gentoo-forums || #gentoo-proctors (freenode)