From: "Torbjörn Svensson" <azoff@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Revdep-rebuild doesn't finish
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:00:23
1 On 29/01/10 11:21, Shinkan wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I know this might not be the better place to ask for that but as I use
5 > Gentoo Hardened...
6 > I tried to "revdep-rebuild" (after emerge -uDNa world && emerge --depclean),
7 > but it locks at 74% with no information.
8 > When I say "it locks", I mean it stay at 74% for more than 12 hours (then I
9 > stopped it).
10 > I also tried "revdep-rebuild -i -o" but the result is the same.
11 >
12 > I there any way I can make it finish ?
13 > More generally, are there ways to clean up my system ?
16 You could always try running the script with 'bash -x' to see what
17 really happens. In your case it would (probably) be:
18 # bash -x /usr/bin/revdep-rebuild
19
20 Be aware that it will generate a lot of output!
21
22 Kind regargds,
23 Torbjörn Svensson