From: Mr G <persistence2success@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] grsec warnings and segfaults during emerging world
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:51:32
1 Ive seen this also. Everything seems to work fine. I believe I seen it on
2 386 with XT also.
3
4 B G
5 On Apr 23, 2013 2:45 PM, "Luis Ressel" <aranea@×××××.de> wrote:
6
7 > Haven't looked into this specific message, but I guess you shouldn't
8 > worry about it too much. The denials (ulimits) would also occur on
9 > gentoo-sources (or every other kernel, for that matter), they just
10 > wouldn't be recorded. And most probably it's the same with the
11 > segfault. It happens always, you just don't get a message about it on
12 > non-hardened kernels. You might want to check out if the segfaults
13 > happen during the the run of an autoconf script or something similar
14 > which just checks for some exotic system configuration. I've also
15 > encountered more than one mysterious segfault...
18 > --
19 > Luis
20 > aranea@×××××.de