From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Migration guide.
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:04:21
1 On 01/04/2013 12:44 PM, vivo75@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Il 04/01/2013 16:51, Michael Orlitzky ha scritto:
3 >> On 01/04/2013 07:11 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 >>>> You also mention adding the overlay and "make sure you set up your
5 >>>> repos.conf." I'm just not sure what you mean there, I've never used
6 >>>> repos.conf for anything. What am I supposed to do with it?
7 >>> In /etc/portage/repos.conf you should add
8 >>>
9 >>> [DEFAULT]
10 >>> class-overrides = hardened-dev
11 >>>
12 >>> This causes the eclass from the overlay to override the default eclass
13 >>> from the portage tree. man portage and you'll see. I'll add a blurb
14 >>> about it in the howto.
15 >>>
16 >> Ah, I see. Otherwise the hardened-dev ebuilds would use the hardened-dev
17 >> eclass, but ebuilds from other repos would use their own copy (or the
18 >> default copy).
21 > I'm not sure this is still the case, somewhere in the internet is
22 > written that now priority is given from the order of appareance in the
23 > $PORTDIR_OVERLAY.
24 > with the leftmost being the lowest priority and the rightmost the higher
25 > priority.
26 > Cannot give much more explanation, maybe portage guys can (including
27 > history hopefully)
28 >
29 > regards,
30 > Francesco R.
31
32 You know, I haven't jumped into the code, but I've notice some "strange"
33 behavior with respect to stacking of overlays and eclasses. I
34 personally think overlays are not a good idea anyhow and are okay just
35 for testing and play.
38 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
39 Chair of Information Technology
40 D'Youville College