From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Migration guide.
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:03:08
1 Il 04/01/2013 16:51, Michael Orlitzky ha scritto:
2 > On 01/04/2013 07:11 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >>> You also mention adding the overlay and "make sure you set up your
4 >>> repos.conf." I'm just not sure what you mean there, I've never used
5 >>> repos.conf for anything. What am I supposed to do with it?
6 >> In /etc/portage/repos.conf you should add
7 >>
8 >> [DEFAULT]
9 >> class-overrides = hardened-dev
10 >>
11 >> This causes the eclass from the overlay to override the default eclass
12 >> from the portage tree. man portage and you'll see. I'll add a blurb
13 >> about it in the howto.
14 >>
15 > Ah, I see. Otherwise the hardened-dev ebuilds would use the hardened-dev
16 > eclass, but ebuilds from other repos would use their own copy (or the
17 > default copy).
20 I'm not sure this is still the case, somewhere in the internet is
21 written that now priority is given from the order of appareance in the
22 $PORTDIR_OVERLAY.
23 with the leftmost being the lowest priority and the rightmost the higher
24 priority.
25 Cannot give much more explanation, maybe portage guys can (including
26 history hopefully)
27
28 regards,
29 Francesco R.