From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Migration guide.
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:02:58
1 On 01/04/2013 07:11 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 >> You also mention adding the overlay and "make sure you set up your
5 >> repos.conf." I'm just not sure what you mean there, I've never used
6 >> repos.conf for anything. What am I supposed to do with it?
7 >
8 > In /etc/portage/repos.conf you should add
9 >
10 > [DEFAULT]
11 > class-overrides = hardened-dev
12 >
13 > This causes the eclass from the overlay to override the default eclass
14 > from the portage tree. man portage and you'll see. I'll add a blurb
15 > about it in the howto.
18 Ah, I see. Otherwise the hardened-dev ebuilds would use the hardened-dev
19 eclass, but ebuilds from other repos would use their own copy (or the
20 default copy).