From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mySQL twice as slow on hardened (grsec) sources?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:40:42
1 On 19 Jul 2007 at 10:14, Christian Parpart wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I just migrated a standard gentoo/linux to a hardened profile including
6 > hardened-sources with grsecurity enabled and PaX-disabled.
7 >
8 > Well, it is basically used as a mySQL server, however, we do a biig sql db
9 > import once a week to operate on it. the import took about 12 hours.
10 > but now, using the hardened sourced and the hardened profile built system it
11 > really taked about 24+ hours.
12 >
13 > this really confuses me. can it be because of the extra validations the
14 > kernel-/userspace has to perform?
15
16 to decide where the extra time went, you should create a smaller
17 test case to reproduce the slowdown (something that runs, say, on
18 the order of a few minutes, not half a day) then do some profiling
19 with oprofile: the 100% overhead will stick out and we can investigate
20 further.
23 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list