From: "Javier J. Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Gentoo RSBAC deprecation and removal notice
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:40:50
1 2008/12/29 Gordon Malm <gengor@g.o>:
2
3 > 1. Leaving existing documentation in place would mislead viewers into
4 > believing some level of official support is available.
7 You can put an addon indicating it, something like this: Please take
8 note that gentoo hardened finished the support of rsbac since (put the
9 year do you want here), the information you will find here could be:
10 a) wrong b) obsoleted and c)incomplete. It is here for historical
11 reasons or if someone could find useful.
12
13 > 2. There's no one on the team who uses RSBAC and can verify the documentation
14 > is current, correct (and keep it that way) and won't do harm.
15
16 The same as before, and I add one more thing, documentation should be
17 orientative not taken as one absolute truth. So reader "should"
18 investigate more later.
21 > 3. Why would we continue to host documentation for a technology that is not
22 > supported or available in Hardened Gentoo proper? Are you propsing we also
23 > host documentation for other technologies we don't utilize - AppArmor for
24 > instance?
27 Let's make a comparison: you go to a library near your home, you see
28 that all the workstations there works with windows vista. You ask for
29 one book related with gnu/linux and they say to you: well since we
30 finished working with this systems we decide to remove all books
31 related with GNU/Linux. I don't want mean that you write documentation
32 about projects not supported directly, if not removing information
33 that already exists and that some people could find useful (sometimes
34 I consult it for example). Information is information wherever it was,
35 lose information is one thing that I find non-sense.
38 > 4. There are plenty of good places to put non-official documentation, such as
39 > gentoo-wiki.com.
40 >
41 > 5. The documentation is forever available @
42 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/hardened/rsbac/
43 >
44 > I am truly sorry it has come to this, but "it is what it is".
45 Did you link this in the main (or nearly principal) page?, so would be
46 this information easy to reach by one person looking for something
47 related with rsbac?
48 >
49 > Sincerely,
50 > Gordon Malm (gengor)