From: Gordon Malm <gengor@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Gentoo RSBAC deprecation and removal notice
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 08:28:20
1 I disagree as to the harmlessness of keeping around unmaintained
2 documentation.
3
4 1. Leaving existing documentation in place would mislead viewers into
5 believing some level of official support is available.
6
7 2. There's no one on the team who uses RSBAC and can verify the documentation
8 is current, correct (and keep it that way) and won't do harm.
9
10 3. Why would we continue to host documentation for a technology that is not
11 supported or available in Hardened Gentoo proper? Are you propsing we also
12 host documentation for other technologies we don't utilize - AppArmor for
13 instance?
14
15 4. There are plenty of good places to put non-official documentation, such as
16 gentoo-wiki.com.
17
18 5. The documentation is forever available @
19 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/hardened/rsbac/
20
21 I am truly sorry it has come to this, but "it is what it is".
22
23 Sincerely,
24 Gordon Malm (gengor)
25