From: Alexander Gabert <pappy@××××××××××.cx>
To: Zack Gilburd <klasikahl@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o, gmsoft@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] full system encryption
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:59:08
1 hi Zack,
2
3 grsecurity on hppa has recently been patched with cryptoloop patches by
4 gmsoft, i assume intel to follow this up easily, he said it was not a
5 pain.
6
7 HTH,
8
9 Alex
10
11 On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 02:51:54AM -0700, Zack Gilburd wrote:
12 Content-Description: signed data
13 > On Wednesday 06 August 2003 12:10 pm, Joshua Brindle wrote:
14 > > read this
15 > > http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
16 > >
17 > > and these
18 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=31363&start=0&postdays=0&postorder
19 > >=asc&highlight=
20 > >
21 > > I'd really like something like this, particularly the example
22 > > in the aes readme about using a passphrase, and gpg
23 > > key on a usb dongle to mount the filesystem at boot time
24 > >
25 > > so basically i'm asking for volunteers to set up something
26 > > like this, an ebuild that would create the initrd, and docs
27 > > about encrypting the filesystems, etc.
28 > >
29 > > Then after that we should get the stuff on a livecd to permit
30 > > initial installation onto a fully encrypted system..
31 > >
32 > > The system would probably start out fairly rudementary,
33 > > just to get it working.. please drop by #gentoo-hardened
34 > > on freenode or reply here if you are interested in working
35 > > on this..
38 > > Joshua Brindle
39 > >
40 > > --
41 > > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
42 >
43 > At the moment, I can't exactly write this ebuild because I have my hands tied
44 > with docs stuff. However, I would like to know how well loop-aes plays with
45 > our other projects, namely GrSec and SELinux.
46 >
47 > --
48 > Zack Gilburd
49 > http://tehunlose.com
50 > GnuPG Key ID: A79A45668240AB6C
57 A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.
58
59 Buy the negatives at any price.
62 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list