From: Zack Gilburd <klasikahl@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] full system encryption
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:52:04
1 On Wednesday 06 August 2003 12:10 pm, Joshua Brindle wrote:
2 > read this
3 > http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
4 >
5 > and these
6 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=31363&start=0&postdays=0&postorder
7 >=asc&highlight=
8 >
9 > I'd really like something like this, particularly the example
10 > in the aes readme about using a passphrase, and gpg
11 > key on a usb dongle to mount the filesystem at boot time
12 >
13 > so basically i'm asking for volunteers to set up something
14 > like this, an ebuild that would create the initrd, and docs
15 > about encrypting the filesystems, etc.
16 >
17 > Then after that we should get the stuff on a livecd to permit
18 > initial installation onto a fully encrypted system..
19 >
20 > The system would probably start out fairly rudementary,
21 > just to get it working.. please drop by #gentoo-hardened
22 > on freenode or reply here if you are interested in working
23 > on this..
26 > Joshua Brindle
27 >
28 > --
29 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
30
31 At the moment, I can't exactly write this ebuild because I have my hands tied
32 with docs stuff. However, I would like to know how well loop-aes plays with
33 our other projects, namely GrSec and SELinux.
36 Zack Gilburd
37 http://tehunlose.com
38 GnuPG Key ID: A79A45668240AB6C