From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] problems with mod_php again
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:54:41
1 > I'm having problems with apache2+mod_php in an hardened environment. I'm
2 > restricting mprotect() and disallowing ELF relocations. of course mysql
3 > didn't start and apache2 didn't load the php module.
4 >
5 > mysql's problem was quickly fixed with a paxctl -m on 2 binaries.
6
7 i think you can fix it 'properly' by removing the --enable-assembler
8 from the ebuild.
9
10 > mod_php's problem still lies unfixable. paxctl -m on libphp4.so doesn't fix
11 > the problem and none of the libraries upon which libphp4.so depends on needs
12 > to relocate ELF segments. (individually checked with scanelf -a).
13
14 the PaX flags are effective on executables, not shared libraries, so
15 for your case you'd have to paxctl apache (or whoever else loads that
16 library). best fix is of course getting rid of the textrels in the
17 shared lib. for some reason i recall this php issue, maybe there's
18 already something in the gentoo bugzilla about it.
21 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list