From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] www-client/chromium SELinux sandbox
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:27:58
1 On 4/12/12 7:09 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 4/10/12 10:10 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 >> Chromium can be compiled to be SELinux-aware, and it forks itself (and
4 >> doesn't call exec - so that the underlying files can be updated in-place
5 >> without disrupting running browsers; this is because Chromium has
6 >> multi-process architecture and browser<->renderer IPC protocol changes
7 >> between versions).
8 >
9 > chromium-20.x (now in the cvs tree, hard masked) has selinux USE flag.
10 > You can compile it yourself with USE=selinux and experiment with it, if
11 > you want.
12
13 What are next steps here? Previous e-mails in this thread contain
14 suggested policy, and now chromium version with selinux support is in
15 tree (hard masked).
16
17 On #gentoo-hardened I received comments about unconfined_t usage in the
18 policy, but I'd really like to keep the main browser process unconfined
19 (see also <http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/15700.html>, and I don't want
20 to create as complicated policy for chromium like the reference mozilla
21 policy).
22
23 Should I file a bug and attach the policy there?