From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] www-client/chromium SELinux sandbox
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:26:16
1 On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 03:26:42PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > What are next steps here? Previous e-mails in this thread contain
3 > suggested policy, and now chromium version with selinux support is in
4 > tree (hard masked).
5
6 As said on IRC (and per your suggestion), yes, a bugreport would do nicely
7 here (mailing to inform others that might be watching ;)
8
9 > On #gentoo-hardened I received comments about unconfined_t usage in the
10 > policy, but I'd really like to keep the main browser process unconfined
11 > (see also <http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/15700.html>, and I don't want
12 > to create as complicated policy for chromium like the reference mozilla
13 > policy).
14
15 I don't like dynamic transitions, let alone from unconfined. It's way more
16 "proper" to use a real application domain (even though that domain can still
17 be marked as unconfined for policies that support unconfined) and support
18 transitions (like is done with mozilla and mozilla_plugin_t).
19
20 But I don't think it'll be hard to develop a chrome module. I might do it
21 just to make better documentation on how to develop modules yourself.
22
23 Wkr,
24 Sven Vermeulen