From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] No interfaces in wireshark
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:22:33
1 >> Probably not.
2 >
3 > ... directly a hardened issue. Given the short history of recent
4 > email traffic, I'd be willing to bet Grant has CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC
5 > or CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_USER turned on without knowing what it does.
6 > I don't follow Wireshark anymore, but I'd be surprised if they've
7 > abandoned the /proc/net scanning code.
8 >
9 > Grant: in all kindness possible, most of these issues you've posted
10 > lately are what come of blindly applying security policies without
11 > understanding what they do. It's good that you're trying, I just want
12 > to make sure your particular struggles don't reflect the general state
13 > of gentoo-hardened.
14
15 I'm very sorry everyone, I just needed to log out/ log in after I
16 added my user to the wireshark group.
17
18 - Grant