From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] No interfaces in wireshark
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:52:32
1 On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 13:40, Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 > Probably not.
3
4 ... directly a hardened issue. Given the short history of recent
5 email traffic, I'd be willing to bet Grant has CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC
6 or CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_USER turned on without knowing what it does.
7 I don't follow Wireshark anymore, but I'd be surprised if they've
8 abandoned the /proc/net scanning code.
9
10 Grant: in all kindness possible, most of these issues you've posted
11 lately are what come of blindly applying security policies without
12 understanding what they do. It's good that you're trying, I just want
13 to make sure your particular struggles don't reflect the general state
14 of gentoo-hardened.
17 RB