From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] distcc and mixed hardened/vanilla toolchains
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 08:46:44
1 On Sun, 28 May 2006 01:54:22 -0230
2 Jonathan Skanes <jon@××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > On May 22, 2006 16:31, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
5 >
6 > > > If so, do i change the gcc profile on the
7 > > > hardened machines to vanilla before emerging?
8 > >
9 > > That's the only way that will work with distcc. Another option
10 > > would have been to add '-specs=vanilla.specs' to CFLAGS, but distcc
11 > > will reject it (it's a bit tricky to support).
12 >
13 > OK, this being so, can I have the discc init.d script select a
14 > profile and update the environment before running distcc and have it
15 > retain the changes? If so, it should be possible to run a couple
16 > distcc invocations on different ports to support the different
17 > profiles. This would be fabulous as then I can configure the distcc
18 > client to choose the right spec based on distcc port number.
19
20 Should be simple enough. The only environment thing that matters
21 however is the environment variable GCC_SPECS so you don't need to go
22 switching the system profile all the time.
23
24 I suggest copying the distccd init.d and conf.d scripts to (say)
25 distccdh. Set the port number in conf.d/distccdh and set GCC_SPECS in
26 init.d/distccdh; probably best to add a line 'export
27 GCC_SPECS="hardened.specs"' before distccd is run. Then just start
28 distccdh.
31 Kevin F. Quinn