From: Jonathan Skanes <jon@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] distcc and mixed hardened/vanilla toolchains
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 04:28:17
1 On May 22, 2006 16:31, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2
3 > > If so, do i change the gcc profile on the
4 > > hardened machines to vanilla before emerging?
5 >
6 > That's the only way that will work with distcc. Another option would
7 > have been to add '-specs=vanilla.specs' to CFLAGS, but distcc will
8 > reject it (it's a bit tricky to support).
9
10 OK, this being so, can I have the discc init.d script select a profile and
11 update the environment before running distcc and have it retain the changes?
12 If so, it should be possible to run a couple distcc invocations on different
13 ports to support the different profiles. This would be fabulous as then I
14 can configure the distcc client to choose the right spec based on distcc port
15 number.
16
17 Jon
18 --