From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] distcc and mixed hardened/vanilla toolchains
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:56:36
1 On Fri, 19 May 2006 13:20:46 -0230
2 Jonathat Skanes <jon@××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > My environment is mainly hardened. However, I have a couple boxen
5 > that aren't such as my laptop.
6 >
7 > Can I use this hardened environment for emerge using distcc from the
8 > non hardened machines?
9
10 Not as it currently stands, no. Well, it'll do something, but the
11 results will be unreliable, to put it mildly.
12
13 > If so, do i change the gcc profile on the
14 > hardened machines to vanilla before emerging?
15
16 That's the only way that will work with distcc. Another option would
17 have been to add '-specs=vanilla.specs' to CFLAGS, but distcc will
18 reject it (it's a bit tricky to support).
19
20 > What else do I have to be aware of?
23 Kevin F. Quinn