From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] OT: Serial Log with VMware -- WAS: RSBAC/PaX -- Example config?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:48:24
1 On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 16:03 +0200, Michael Decker wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > So I think it could work... I setup the whole system new...
6 > And don't use this global USE-parameters: hardened pic
7 > But I think I should use them, or not?
8
9 It is your personal call if you wish to use a hardened userland or not.
10 PaX itself provides the kernel features. The hardened use flags provide
11 an additional layer of security and aim to complement a PaX setup.
12
13 http://hardened.gentoo.org/primer.xml
17 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
18 Gentoo Linux