From: Michael Decker <MDecker@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] OT: Serial Log with VMware -- WAS: RSBAC/PaX -- Example config?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:11:32
1 Thank you for your passions...
2
3 >> I configured my VMware:
4 >> http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2525/vmwareserialportsetting5oq.png
5 >>
6 >> Tested and started vmwaregateway... Start telnet with
7 >> telnet -f serial.txt localhost 567
8 >>
9 >> And getting nothing... :-/
10 >
11 > and you had the console redirected to ttyS0, right? hmm, that in
12 > theory should work (although netcat is better than telnet for this),
13 > can you try the same setup with a working kernel? one thing that
14 > may go wrong is that the crash happens too early for the serial
15 > console be up, then your best option is to increase the number of
16 > lines (vga=ext or so) and hope the imporant info will fit...
17
18 I think I know the reason for this problem: Forgot to give kernel serial
19 port features :-((((
20
21 Now I can send some stuff to serial console *Happy* But not all stuff...
22 Is that normal... Only lines without color information...
23
24 >>>> http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1976/grubedit010px.png
25 >>> what's -aspr-proto? if it's your addition, does the kernel boot
26 >>> without it?
27 >> That was my action. Shouldn't be a problem, or not?
28 >
29 > you tell me, i don't know what that code does ;-).
30
31 Oh jesus! Of cause not! I would say that you don't know this stuff! ;-)
32 That was not, what I want to tell...
33
34 > booting without
35 > it will definitely answer that question.
36
37 Of course ;-)
38
39 So I think it could work... I setup the whole system new...
40 And don't use this global USE-parameters: hardened pic
41 But I think I should use them, or not?
42 And use ext3 instead of reiserfs.
43
44 But now I can't mount my root as r/w... I think I've misconfigured my
45 fstab... Step by step ;-)
46
47 Thanks a lot!
48
49 Michael
52 Michael Decker Michael.Decker@×××××.de
53 TESIS SYSware GmbH http://www.tesis.de
54 Baierbrunnerstr. 15 * 81379 Muenchen * Tel. +49 89 747377-0
57 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list