From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] OT: Serial Log with VMware -- WAS: RSBAC/PaX -- Example config?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:52:54
1 On 7 Jul 2006 at 13:29, Michael Decker wrote:
2 > I tried to save output data to a file... So I tried it with
3 > vmwaregateway getting only an emtpy file.
4 >
5 > I configured my VMware:
6 > http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2525/vmwareserialportsetting5oq.png
7 >
8 > Tested and started vmwaregateway... Start telnet with
9 > telnet -f serial.txt localhost 567
10 >
11 > And getting nothing... :-/
12
13 and you had the console redirected to ttyS0, right? hmm, that in
14 theory should work (although netcat is better than telnet for this),
15 can you try the same setup with a working kernel? one thing that
16 may go wrong is that the crash happens too early for the serial
17 console be up, then your best option is to increase the number of
18 lines (vga=ext or so) and hope the imporant info will fit...
19
20 > >> http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1976/grubedit010px.png
21 > >
22 > > what's -aspr-proto? if it's your addition, does the kernel boot
23 > > without it?
24 >
25 > That was my action. Shouldn't be a problem, or not?
26
27 you tell me, i don't know what that code does ;-). booting without
28 it will definitely answer that question.
31 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list