From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] AMD64 + hardened
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:06:31
1 > I'm just delving into this lately though, so someone please correct me
2 > if I misunderstood it.
5 Anyone actually tried this with gcc4.1.1?
6
7 I have now decided to leave the system 32bit now because if I ever need
8 to recover it then my only remote boot option is some 32bit editions of
9 debian and this prevents me doing a chroot into my dead system and
10 trying to repair it. I get the impression it's not a huge speed penalty
11 that I am taking
12
13 However, curious to hear what happens to take a 2006.1 install and
14 recompile it with hardened flags set? Is this supported right now?
15
16 Ed W
17 --
18 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list