From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux FAQ & Handbook
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 03:26:23
1 2011/3/2 Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > Currently, the SELinux FAQ is integrated in the SELinux handbook as a
5 > dedicated chapter. I would like to suggest to separate the FAQ into its own
6 > guide rather than keep it integrated.
7 >
8 > The main reasons I see for this are
9 >
10 > - it makes more sense for users when they are told to look for the FAQ. Not
11 >  all of them will find it if it is "hidden" in the SELinux handbook
12 > - the handbook should, in the long(er) term, be more static (think about the
13 >  Gentoo Handbook, ever since the autobuilds are integrated changes that are
14 >  needed are quite low) whereas the FAQ usually has a more lively approach
15 >  (although I have to admit we're currently not good at grasping the FAQs
16 >  from irc and forums and integrate those as fast as possible)
17 Speak for yourself :P I usually add/fix things to the FAQ with a daily delay :P
18
19 > - search engines are more likely to put a page higher in their rankings if
20 >  it is a dedicated guide/url rather than a page in a book triggered through
21 >  specific dynamic variables (&doc=3&chap=1)
22 >
23 > Any objections to this?
24 Nope, maybe you'd like to blend it with the hardened FAQ? To me is the same.