From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Jan Krueger <jk@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: Alexander Gabert <pappy@g.o>, gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Ports Security
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:50:37
1 On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 16:25, Jan Krueger wrote:
2
3 I don't think the idea is bad in anyway at all, yes it will be very time
4 consuming and yes a few of us would actually like to use such a thing.
5 flawfinder would of been ideal for such a thing as its python based and
6 all, but would need some major testing. I'm attaching a small patch for
7 your ebuild.sh that should do exactly what your looking for. Note:
8 flawfinder must be located in /usr/bin and "flawfinder" must be found in
9 your features.
10
11 Perhaps you would like to begin/finish coding this feature. :)
12
13 Also just letting ya know I just updated splint in portage tree to
14 version 3.1.1 but from what I gather about splint is that all src code
15 still has to be written to take advantage of it in the first place thus
16 nearly defeating the purpose.
17
18 What I make of all this is sounds like we need need some portage hooks
19 for users.
20
21 Anyway happy bug hunting.
22
23 > I know about the following source code scanners, almost restricted to c and
24 > c++:
25 > flawfinder, http://www.dwheeler.com/flawfinder/
26 > splint, http://www.splint.org/
27 > its4, http://www.cigital.com/its4/