From: Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] cpufreqd-1.1.1 segmentation fault with hardened
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:16:45
1 On 20 Jul 2004 15:40:38 -0400
2 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 14:45, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
5 > > > Ok, I've reemerged glibc with debugging and tried again, cheers
6 > > > (maybe a new doc is called for, Debugging for the Clueless ;)
7 > >
8 > > hmm, still no love from gdb/debug symbols, i wonder whether we have
9 > > a problem with gdb now (i don't get debug info either here with
10 > > gdb 6.1.1 and a PIE cpufreqd, however it works with a normal
11 > > executable).
12 > >
13 > > anyway, i think the segfault most likely occurs in libdl.so, but
14 > > i have no idea what exactly is wrong.
17 > > i suggest that for now you
18 > > (and gentoo) not compile this package as PIE.
19 >
20 > 1.1.2 was released on 2004-03-09
21 > http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=358635
22 >
23 > I just added this to portage with use pie && append-flags -fno-pie to
24 > enable this workaround logic.
27 Thanks for your help everyone, should I still submit a bug report?
28
29 Barry
32 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list