From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 2.6.28-hardened-r7 hangs before starting /sbin/init
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:37:13
1 On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 09:29, Alex Efros
2 <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi!
4 >
5 > switching off CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT solve this issue
6 >
7 > Now I'll try to paxctl -m for /bin/bash and /sbin/runit-init (with
8 > switched on CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT, of course)... yeah, that solves this
9 > issue too.
12 > So, now we've very strange situation: PaX require -m for process N1.
13 > This isn't related to my init (runit-init) because same happens for bash.
14 > This happens only on one server - several other servers with exactly same
15 > hardware, kernel and gentoo configuration doesn't have this issue.
16
17 I question whether your configurations are *precisely* the same. If I
18 had to guess (and I do), I'd guess that the system in question wasn't
19 wholly built with the -hardened toolchain.
20
21 Once you grow beyond a few identical systems, it often becomes
22 beneficial to use a single central build system and PORTAGE_BINHOST
23 with 'emerge -gK' to install the other systems.