From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: kernel no longer in hardened-development overlay?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:57:52
1 On 19/04/2010 21:12, Guillaume Castagnino wrote:
2 > Le lundi 19 avril 2010 19:46:57, Kerin Millar a écrit :
3 >
4 >> They've been moved into anarchy's personal overlay:
5 >>
6 >> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=dev/anarchy.git;a=commit;h=a4802d1
7 >> 087c90a1371c15de195282c4601428dbe
8 >>
9 > I really do NOT understand this move.
10 > We had a centralized place where we could find ALL the hardened developpement.
11 > This was quite good, even if we could consider ~arch as a better place.
12 >
13 > Now we have to add one more overlay, containing some peace of ebuild that do
14 > not concern hardened at all (fprint is an other story)...
15 > What will be the next step ? Each dev will add his overlay ?
16 >
17 > From the user point of view, this is becoming harder to maintain... How many
18 > overlays will we have to add ? With even more mess on packages that do not
19 > concern hardened at all...
22 > Please, keep ONE hardened overlay where all the devs take place !
26 Obviously without knowing anything further about the move I would tend
27 to agree, but perhaps:
28
29 - "anarchy" could explain the reasoning? Most likely there is some sane
30 reason for this?
31 - If such changes are made to the hardened project they could be
32 announced to the -hardened list?
35 I'm rather hoping that the hardened overlay has the potential to go away
36 at some point soon and all the changes absorbed into mainstream? I get
37 the impression that the size of the overlay is shrinking slowly (which
38 is good in my opinion...)?
39
40 Good luck all
41