From: Guillaume Castagnino <casta@×××××.info>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: kernel no longer in hardened-development overlay?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:14:04
1 Le lundi 19 avril 2010 19:46:57, Kerin Millar a écrit :
2 > They've been moved into anarchy's personal overlay:
3 >
4 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=dev/anarchy.git;a=commit;h=a4802d1
5 > 087c90a1371c15de195282c4601428dbe
6
7 I really do NOT understand this move.
8 We had a centralized place where we could find ALL the hardened developpement.
9 This was quite good, even if we could consider ~arch as a better place.
10
11 Now we have to add one more overlay, containing some peace of ebuild that do
12 not concern hardened at all (fprint is an other story)...
13 What will be the next step ? Each dev will add his overlay ?
14
15 From the user point of view, this is becoming harder to maintain... How many
16 overlays will we have to add ? With even more mess on packages that do not
17 concern hardened at all...
20 Please, keep ONE hardened overlay where all the devs take place !
23 Cheers
26 Guillaume Castagnino
27 casta@×××××.info / guillaume@××××××××××.org